Resetting your email password is not only necessary at times because you have forgotten your password, but it is all recommended to reset your password regularly as an extra security measure. Gmail is a popular email service offered by Google, and the process for resetting your password with Gmail is quick and easy.
Resetting Your Gmail Password on Your Computer
- Open your Google account. Sign in if you aren’t signed in.
- Under Security, select Signing in to Google.
- Choose Password. You might need to sign in again.
- Enter your new password, then select Change Password.
Resetting Your Gmail Password on Your Android Device
- Open your device’s Settings. Go to Google > Google Account.
- Select Security.
- Under Signing in to Google, tap Password. Sign in if you need to.
- Enter your new password, then tap Change password.
See how to reset your Gmail password here:
Bonus: How to Recover a Forgotten Password with Gmail
There are times that passwords are forgotten, and Gmail makes the process of recovering your password very easy. When you realize that you have forgotten your password, you can click on the Forgot Password link on the sign-in page. You will be asked security questions to confirm your identity and can even have a password texted to you if you’ve backed up your account on your phone. The entire process is very easily laid out.
Protected with Passwords
When you’re resetting passwords, remember that you should make your password as hard to guess as possible. Don’t use names and dates that people know are associated with you. Use a combination of upper and lower case letters, symbols, and numbers to create an airtight password that is secure. This will help keep your Gmail protected!