Fitbits are an astonishing health innovation that can be clipped onto your clothing or even inserted into a wristband that resembles a watch to keep track of your daily activity. It is designed to help you become more active and live a healthier life. It was introduced in 2008 and has become increasingly popular ever since. Syncing your FitBit to your mobile device helps to track your health progress and keeps the FitBit effective.
Syncing Your Fitbit to Your Smartphone
Before syncing your FitBit to your smartphone, you need to download the free Fitbit app, make sure that you’re connected to the internet, and turn Bluetooth on. Then, follow these easy steps:
- Turn your Fitbit tracker on.
- Check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- Open your FitBit app on your phone.
- Tap on the FitBit icon that appears on your phone screen. It could be in either the top or bottom corner.
- A small menu will appear with the last time your Fitbit synced and two arrows in a circle. Tap on the two arrows in a circle to sync.
- Your Fitbit will begin syncing and a progress bar will show up. This shouldn’t take more than just a few seconds.
See how to sync your Fitbit to IOS devices here:
Syncing Your Fitbit to Your Computer
Your Fitbit can also be synced to your personal computer. Before you can do this, you must download the Fitbit Connect app on your computer.
- Insert Fitbit’s wireless dongle into a USB port on your computer.
- Place your Fitbit tracker within 20 feet of the dongle.
- Click the Fitbit Connect icon on your computer screen.
- When it opens, select “Sync Now.”
Enjoying Your Fitbit
Fitbits are extraordinary devices that honestly help improve many lives with their health-tracking technology. These little devices even monitor your sleep. For the most part, your Fitbit will automatically sync periodically after the very first sync, but know how to manually sync your Fitbit is a valuable skill.