Blocking numbers is a way to get rid of annoying calls from telemarketers, election campaigns, and even people you just don’t want to talk to. If you are having an issue with a number calling you over and over and you want it to stop, you can just block the number and be done with it! Blocking a number on an iPhone is relatively simple.
Blocking Nuisance Numbers on an iPhone
- Tap the Phone icon on the home screen.
- Tap the Recents icon to see calls that have come into your phone in the order they’ve come in.
- Tap the info icon – the blue i in a blue circle on the right side of the screen, next to the number you want to block.
- Tap the words Block this Caller at the bottom of the next screen.
- Tap the red words Block Contact on the message that pops up.
See how to block a number on an iPhone here:
Blocking a Contact in an iPhone
If you want to block a contact that is saved in your phone, that process is even easier. All you do is go to your contacts, tap their name, and hit Block This Caller at the bottom of their contact page.
Bonus: How to Unblock a Number on an iPhone
If you decide that you want to unblock a number, the process is just as easy as blocking the number. Simply go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking and Identification > Edit. Then, locate the number you want to unblock and tap it. A red Unblock button will appear. Tap the red button. The number is unblocked.
Being able to block and unblock numbers is a modern convenience that is completely underrated. When you block a contact on an iPhone, you will block them across the phone app, Facetime, and messaging, making sure that you do not hear from them at all.